One Drive Stopped Working since April 7th, 2023 and running with MaC OS catalina 10.15.7

I have a MacBook Pro mid 2012( The best machines as compared with the current ones) running with OS Catalina 10.15.7, but a couple a days ago my OneDrive stopped working or syncing, I've done everything, installing previous version and also following the recommended ones in some post with no success in the installation.

Installing previous versions of one drive the results are the same, further uninstalling Office 365 and nothing. So was necessary to install a previous version of office 2016 to get again office package, the new version does not run with Catalina 10.15.7, so, my unique alternative is to work with the app in website with a link in desktop.

I would recommend to MS to avoid or prevent with visible notice that the one drive with the last update does not run on Catalina 10.15.7 and give the option to users to keep the previous version.

Until now, I have no fixed the problem with One drive. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Juan

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello, Greetings for the day! Could you please try below workarounds to reset the OneDrive app in MacBook? Option 1: Relink OneDrive from Mac 1. Tap on the OneDrive icon in the menu bar 2. Go to Help & Settings 3. Go to Preferences > Account > OneDrive 4. Click on Unlink This Mac 5. Restart the system 6. Add your account Relink OneDrive again on Mac and check if the duplicate files are still being created or not. Option 2: Clear OneDrive Cached credentials 1. In the Spotlight search type Keychain 2. Select Keychain Access 3. Alternatively, if you are unable to see the Keychain under the spotlight, select the Utility folder and open Keychain Access 4. Look for OneDrive 5. Then, locate OneDrive Cached Credential entry and delete it 6. Run OneDrive once again Option 3: Clear the Cache of OneDrive. (Open the Finder> Click Command + Shift + G> Enter ~/Library/Containers> Scroll down and move the folders related “com.microsoft.OneDrive” to other locations like Desktop. Option 4: To reset OneDrive on a Mac 1. Quit OneDrive. (Select the cloud icon in the top tray, then select Settings > Quit OneDrive.) 2. Find OneDrive in your Applications folder. 3. Right-click OneDrive and select Show Package Contents. 4. Browse to the Contents > Resources folder. 5. Double-click ResetOneDriveApp.command (or ResetOneDriveAppStandalone.command, if you're using the standalone app). 6. Start OneDrive and finish the setup process. https://support.microsoft.com/office/34701e00-bf7b-42db-b960-84905399050c#ID0EBH=Mac If nothing resolve this, please reinstall OneDrive from Mac. You won't lose files or data by disabling or uninstalling OneDrive on your computer. You can always access your files by signing in to OneDrive.com. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/onedrive/id823766827?ls=1&mt=12 Hope this information would be useful to you. Please feel free to get back if you need any additional info. Thank you! Ravikumar Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Technology works best when it brings people together.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Ravikumar, for your support

But, I did the 4 options with no success , even with the installation of a fresh OneDrive software and nothing.

It is rare and just happened since april 7th, 2023.

Best regards

Juan

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having exactly the same problem, and none of these solutions have worked to fix the problem.

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issues described above, and I have tried solutions suggested above and also those listed in top comment thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/macsysadmin/comments/12dx8wo/onedrive_app_will_not_launch/

This issue started in the last few days

When I wipe/manually uninstall and re-install OneDrive, it takes me through the setup/installation assistant and is open very briefly. Then once I have finished the setup wizard it closes, the app in my Applications folder briefly disappears and is replaced (???), and then it won't launch/open again after that. No syncing available, and the OneDrive app does not appear in my menu bar or Activity Monitor when I try to open it.

I am running Mac OS 10.15.5 on a mid-2019 Macbook Pro.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing over here. I cannot even open the OneDrive app. Resetting the app didn't work, neither did reinstalling. I shut down the computer and upon turning it on again, I'm having the same issue. Recently I also have to continually sign in to mi 365 account for each app...

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue. I got a notification that the OneDrive app updated on the 7th and I have not been able to use OneDrive since. I have done everything listed by Ravikumar to no avail.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having the same problem since 4/9/2023. Nothing has worked (resent, uninstall and reinstall). OneDrive will not work. I am using MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.7.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried all of this. None if it works. It appears that OneDrive has suddenly stopped being compatible with MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.7.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just adding to the chorus: I have the same problem. Catalina 10.15.7.

No cloud icon in toolbar.

From app folder, computer seems to register that I've selected for opening, but nothing happens.

Initially I thought that perhaps app needed updating, so I downloaded latest. It wouldn't open either.

Then I saw the recent discussion threads like this one that confirm OneDrive is now incompatible with Catalina. I sincerely thank all of you who have gone through multiple steps and mountains of frustration only to confirm that none of these steps are working.

Awaiting solid solution from Microsoft.

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here. Catalina 10.15.7. Upgrading not an option.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2024 Views 5,734 Applies to: